HIPAAServices to Stay Compliant
Our Happy Clients
Under HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) the US department of health and human services mandates the use of one of the adopted HIPAA transaction sets when covered entities transmit data covered by one of the adopted standards.
HIPAA is a standard that is fairly straightforward in concept, and is extremely complex in practical implementations in the real world. Art2link has extensive experience in the practical application of HIPAA’s many standards to allow your healthcare organization to transmit the data that needs to be shared, in a format and manner that complies with HIPAA requirements.
HIPAA has several major components, each with technical and policy components. Art2link is ready to assist our clients with application of the Privacy Rule, the Transactions and Code Sets Rule, the Security Rule, the Unique Identifiers Rule, and the Enforcement Rule.
Technical Standards and Transaction Sets Required Under HIPAA
- EDI Health Care Claim Transaction set (837)
- EDI Retail Pharmacy Claim Transaction (NCPDP Standard 5.1)
- EDI Health Care Claim Payment/Advice Transaction Set (835)
- EDI Benefit Enrollment and Maintenance Set (834)
- EDI Payroll Deducted and other Group Premium Payment for Insurance Products (820)
- EDI Health Care Eligibility/Benefit Inquiry (270)
- EDI Health Care Eligibility/Benefit Response (271)
- EDI Health Care Claim Status Request (276)
- EDI Health Care Claim Status Notification (277)
- EDI Health Care Service Review Information (278)
- EDI Functional Acknowledgement Transaction Set (997)
- EDI Acknowledgement Report (999)
Whether you need to integrate two internal systems in a HIPAA compliant manner, exchange PHI with another entity, we can automate that process for you.
Organizations That Need HIPAA Compliant Data Integration
- Hospitals and Hospital Networks
- Clinics and Ambulatory Care Centers
- Independent Surgical Centers
- Radiology Centers
- Insurance Carriers
- Insurance Brokers
Automation of data exchange with HIPAA compliant EDI transactions is not just the law, and complying with these standards not only lowers your risk of regulator fines; it also makes good financial sense for your organization. By automating data exchanges in this manner, most organizations realize significant savings in administrative overhead.
Art2link’s extensive experience with enabling HIPAA compliant data interfaces allows our clients to be confident that their compliance is being protected by our experts.